What is Valium?
Valium belongs to the Benzodiazepine group; and it is a mind altering substance that causes the user to have feelings of relaxation, drowsiness, and a state of calmness. It is typically ingested orally in tablet form, however it can also be applied by injecting into the muscles or veins, or placed up the rectum.
What is Valium used for?
With its effective calming properties, Valium can be used to alleviate symptoms of insomnia, restlessness, anxiety and panic attacks, withdrawal symptoms from drug or alcohol use, and other types of depression.
Valium Product description – the brands available
- Diazepam – Usually marketed under that name, Diazepam contains Valium which is primarily used for treating anxiety and panic attacks.
- Diastat – This product typically comes in a gel, which is mostly used to treat epilepsy and brain seizures.
How does Valium work?
Once this product enters the central nerve system it will encourage an excessive build of chemicals (gamma-aminobutyric acid) which will consequently slow down the brain activity, and reduce any abnormal activity. This will effectively cause the user to feel calmer, and will relieve any symptoms of panic or distress.
What does the Valium product description advice for seizures and epilepsy?
As Valium depresses the central nervous system, it will in turn slow down the part of the brain which deals with emotions and arousal; and block out any high activity. This will result in the symptoms from epilepsy, or seizures disappearing.
Does Valium have any side-effects?
As it’s a strong brain influencing drug, it does come with severe side-effects depending on the user, and whether they have taken it correctly. If you experience any of these symptoms then you must consult a doctor immediately:
- Lack of balance or co-ordination.
- Any pain in the abdomen or stomach.
- Moments of high temper/ hostility.
- Slur speech or changes of rhythm or pattern when talking.
- Any new skin disorders such as flakey skin, blisters, hives, or peeling skin.
- Chest and heart problems/unusual beating patterns.
- Blurry vision, confusion, or no sense of reality.
These are just a few examples, however if you do notice any unusual body activity at all since after taking Valium then immediately report it to a medical professional or doctor. Always read the Valium product description before use.
Valium has both physical and psychological dependence risk to the user; usually from the body being able to build a tolerance to the drug quickly, resulting in more quantities needed to achieve the desired effect. Over time the body will need more of the drug to be able to function normally, otherwise if not the user will experience severe withdrawal symptoms which can consist of:
- It can potentially be life threatening if the user has consumed large quantities of time over a long period of time!
- The patient can be in danger of going into a coma, severe drowsiness or psychological confusion.
- Loss of motor functions such as balance, reflex, co-ordination, and dizziness.
Valium should be purchased from a reputable and known pharmacist who holds the correct medical license, under no circumstance should this be brought from an unknown source! You will otherwise not know the true origins of the drug, or if it has been made correctly.
Always check the Valium product description before buying.